Tina

Periodical Gazette

This blog is dedicated to both fiction and non-fiction. My personal favorites in fiction are mainly contemporary romance, suspense thriller,  historical fiction and YA then in non-fiction, I love to review inspirational, self-improvement and finance related books. I review outside these genres also because of the fact I love to read.

The Bridge of Dead Things

The Bridge of Dead Things (The Lizzie Blaylock Books, 1) - Michael   Gallagher I won this book from Librarything for an honest review.To be more honest, i finished reading this book a month ago i.e, within a week of receiving the book but forgot to post a review. I am eagerly waiting for the next series as i loved reading this book so much. I read this book in two sittings.All the characters in the book were easily floating and still i remember their characters and their roles really well.Throughout the story i sympathized for Lizzy Baylock, a 13 year old school girl.i think the author would have gone through many pains while penning her character, just like myself. For instance, When she was forced to leave the school for the mistakes she didn't commit and given opportunity to work as a maid, i felt so much pain in my heart. But this couldn't be compared to the pain when she was beaten by her employer, then lost her father and do not know where else to live. I was able to picture it in my mind.The later part didn't touch me that much but i liked reading it anyway. When it is revealed that Simone cheated her by making everyone believe she has powers, i came to a conclusion that her powers were fake. But the story plot was so strong, the suspense of Lizzy Baylock's life secret nearly killed me. Overall, I could describe the bridge of dead things as a heavyily-balanced suspense thriller with nice turning points.In the next series, i did like a love story develop between Albert and Lizzy.