Tina

Periodical Gazette

This blog is dedicated to both fiction and non-fiction. My personal favorites in fiction are mainly contemporary romance, suspense thriller,  historical fiction and YA then in non-fiction, I love to review inspirational, self-improvement and finance related books. I review outside these genres also because of the fact I love to read.

Tantra (The Anu Files, #1)

Tantra - Adi I have to appreciate the author for choosing a right choice of cover image for his first book-it invited me :) :)to read and like every page of it in the first place. As i'm also a huge fan of Vampire diaries, I was really looking forward to reading this fascinating novel about Vampires and vampire hunters. About the bookTantra by Adi is an action packed paranormal thriller with a very strong ravishing female lead Anu Aggarwal. The author's depiction of her as a leather wearing, no nonsense girl was fine but I was expecting more and more details of her love life in New York city as it was the ultimate reason she comes to New Delhi-to find her boyfriend's killer(a vampire) and avenge his death.Then the story swings around her personal life and her professional life withher aunt Nina who knows nothing of her night life as a vampire hunter wants her to marry off and settle down, so she pushes her into the idea of an arranged marriage. While Anu, who thought Vampires and Ghouls were the only dangerous thing in New Delhi was shocked to find an evil sage, Baba Seneka who happens to be worshipped by many people including big politicians and film stars was behind the killings of many innocent children.What is more abominable and horrifying was that this shameless tantric was only practicing into killing those helpless children only to make his grand ritual of killing two hundred more children a big success. Anu who wouldn’t allow such things to happen seeks help from Dr.Sharma, Pandit Grover and Karta , who help her to win the battle and save the innumerable children. The ending was highly predictable.My favorite character after Anu is Amit who is very hilarious and often cracks jokes at Anu and they would make a nice pair if not for Chandra and Gaurav. After finished reading this book, I was drastically disappointed with the story as it contained merely one notable vampire, Chandra. His character reminded me of Damon in Vampire Diaries, and also I wanted to see more of him in the story ahead but sadly he had three-four good scenes.But on the whole, I really enjoyed reading this novel about Tantra which I think is a brand new term in the novel history of India, and my expectations are now even higher on the upcoming series.DislikesThe main drawback of this novel was the way too much usage of Sanskrit words and the ramblings thereafter, which was very irritating at one point and then I found it hard to resist. Other than that the author has really done a great job by making a rattling good story which is nothing less of a movie.Thoughtful quotes from Tantra"The universe is vast, and we are a small part of its greatness.God is the embodiment of that vastness, the source and the end of everything.There is no good.There is no evil.It is all an illusion manifest.""The Muslims have a wonderful and apt saying-Insha's Allah-if it is the will of God, it will happen."