Tina

Periodical Gazette

This blog is dedicated to both fiction and non-fiction. My personal favorites in fiction are mainly contemporary romance, suspense thriller,  historical fiction and YA then in non-fiction, I love to review inspirational, self-improvement and finance related books. I review outside these genres also because of the fact I love to read.

The Almond Tree

The Almond Tree - Michelle Cohen Corasanti I won this book in good-reads givaway.I was glad that i received such a wonderful book.When i first started reading the first 40 pages, i really got bored with the book bcoz of too many confusing characters.But after reading more and more pages i liked the book so much that I couldn't keep it down.Ichmad is the main character in the book.My favourite supporting characters in the book are Baba, teacher Mohammad and Professor Sharon.If there wasn't any Teacher Mohommad intervention, Ichmad never would've thought about college.He would've become like his brothers struggling through life.Then there is prof.sharon who hated him first but later he became Ichmad's best friend.My favourite lines in the book is when Abu Ichmad loses control over prof sharon's false accusation."Did Hitler and the Nazis like the Jews?who liked the Jews?No one liked the Jews, but you fought back, even when everyone around you was trying to exterminate you.we Palestinians are like Jews".There are many such quotes which i like in the book.I just added it in good-reads "my quotes".Then there there is love that doesn't last.I loved the way the book ended.I loved the friendship between Nora and Ichmad. This book is like an autobiography of a great person who raised in life after many hardships.